Sunday, January 5, 2014

Interview with Blogger, Cecily Bonney!



I had the pleasure of meeting this amazing woman on Twitter several months ago. It all started with a book recommendation and has blossomed into a true lifelong friendship. I am honored to be part of her journey, just as she plays a crucial role in mine. Read below to find more out about this beautifully passionate and funny lady!




What is your first reading memory and how did it make you feel?
Charlotte’s web. It made me want to go and save every animal from being harmed. So I begged my dad to help me rescue a turkey and he did it. Terry the turkey was my pet for about 2 years then we donated him to a petting zoo.


What are you currently reading now, and how do you feel about its content?
I am currently reading The Temptation of Lila and Ethan. I am feeling really bad for Lila right now because she has a lot of pressure on her to be perfect and I could never imagine having parents that would only love me if I was perfect. (But I am also only on page 3)


What made you want to be a book blogger and why?
Someone (you) once told me that I am a very passionate reader and that I should start my own book blog. I love reading and wanted people to experience the joy that I get out of every book that I have read. The books that I have read can and will help people. Sounds crazy…maybe but very true.





The book world is crazy! Tell us how you manage your blog.
Well I am still new at this whole blog thing. I am a full-time Mom, and I work full-time, but reading books are my escape. So I flipping love writing reviews, but I do get nervous when pushing that button to publish, because I never want to let an author down with my review.
Mary: You would never let any writer down. As an author, I can tell you that all would be grateful for you taking the time to read and review a book. Without readers, writers would be nothing. So, thank you, Cecily!






What is your favorite book and why?
Succumbing to Scars and Sorrow. This is my favorite book of all time. Why? Because out of every single book I have read this book took a hold of my heart and hasn’t let it go. I am so much like the character Lyla it is scary and that is why this book will forever be my all-time favorite story.
Mary: Again, thank you from the bottom of my humble heart. I am forever grateful for your friendship, encouragement, support, and love for my work. You rock!


Who is your current book boyfriend? What can you tell us about him?
Shadow Tremaine (from the Midnight Society)
This character is so dark, mysterious, enchanting, moody, sexy, handsome, mesmerizing, and yummy. Shadow is full of dark secrets that are just waiting to come out, and he is powerful. HELLO!!!! I want him and I can’t wait to get more of him!


Is there ever a time when you haven't felt like reading? If so, when was it and why?
Yes. Truthfully I have never liked reading. I was in Pharmacy for 13 years, so all I would read is medical magazines. Then May 2013 I went through a bad break-up and called my engagement off and I was so sad I didn’t even want to leave the house. So I picked up Fifty Shades of Grey for the second time, and it just blew up from there. Now I can’t stop reading…..you can say I am addicted to books.


What is the hardest part of being a book blogger and why?
Someone not liking my review. So far it hasn’t happened yet but never say never. lol


Most anticipated book of 2014 for you.
Ummm let me see that would have to be Garrett’s story (he is Lyla’s brother in Succumbing to Scars and Sorrow) I guarantee he will be my next book boyfriend. Sorry Shadow!


What is your greatest accomplishment and why?
Being a mother! I have to most lovable, respectable, handsome little boy ever. He is 12 and he is the love of my life. He is my greatest accomplishment, but he make me be a better person. He is truly my HERO. He is a fighter, that is for sure. At age 2 he was diagnosed with being Mentally Retarded and Autism. They said he would never be in a normal school setting. Now at 12 he is in 6th grade and on honor-roll and in a normal school setting. People always tell me what a good parent I am for working so hard with him, but truthfully it was all him. He is and will continue to do his best and not use his condition as a crutch. I mean my baby already picked out that college he wants to go to, which is San Diego State University.


Favorite alcoholic drink:
Red Bull and Vodka


Favorite song:
Clocks by Coldplay


Favorite movie:
My Best Friend’s Wedding


Favorite author:
Mary E. Palmerin and Logan Patricks


Favorite actor and actress (1 each).
Julia Roberts and Paul Walker


Favorite TV show.
Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy


Dream vacation:
Anywhere as long as includes a beach, 80-90 degree weather, sunny, my kindle, with a hot sexy man bringing me drinks. (Oh, and me looking hot in a 2 piece bikini….preferably white!)


Number one goal you wish to attain in life and why:
To write a column in Vogue magazine. (The hot books and why!) Because when my grandmother was looking at the fashion in the magazine, I would always tell her to read the HOT books. She would never do it. And I told her that I wanted to be like Carrie in Sex in the City and start my own blog. Well here I am with my own blog…..now all I need is to start a column in a magazine or newspaper. I can always start small.





Cecily, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a caring and genuine friend. That means the world to me. Your passion for books is remarkable along with the all-around badass person that you are. Your faith, support, encouragement, and enthusiasm for the stories that I create are what helps me continue writing. You are an amazing woman, friend, mother, sister, daughter, blogger, the list is endless. I consider myself lucky and honored to have you in my life. Gracias, Senorita~ Cannot wait to meet you in St. Louis!




Follow her blog at cecilysbookreview.blogspot.com for fantastic reviews and interviews and all things books! You can also follow her on twitter @BonneyCecily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment